In a previous post, I showed you how to block referral spam from your analytics account. I now use an updated method of returning the referral spambots to the spammer’s site. Well, the spammers are at it again, this time with organic keyword spam.
If you have seen a rise in organic keywords that just don’t look right in your analytics account, you may have fallen victim to organic keyword spam.
One of the most common phrases being used in organic keyword spam at the moment is:
beat with a shovel the weak google spots addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ilovevitaly/
How to find organic keyword spam
You can find organic keyword spam by logging into your Google Analytics account, on the left-hand navigation, select ‘Acquisition’ and then ‘Channels’. Click on organic.
Most of the keyword data will be blocked by ‘not provided’. If you see something like the image below, I’m afraid your Analytics data has been manipulated.
How to Block organic keyword Spam
Blocking organic keyword spam is a fairly simple process. Just follow these simple steps below to stop any further manipulation of your precious Google Analytics data.
1. Navigate to your admin section
2. Select the account that you would like to work on.
3. Select All Filters and then click + ADD FILTER.
4. For the filter name, enter
“beat with a shovel the weak google spots addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ilovevitaly”
5. In Filter Type, choose Custom Filter > Exclude Filter > Campaign Term > Filter Pattern: “beat with a shovel the weak google spots addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ilovevitaly” and click Save.
That’s all. No more keyword spam clogging up your Google Analytics data.